Recorded: May 11, 2020
ATKG’s tax experts discuss the fast paced, ever changing financial impact facing our nation. ATKG remains committed to bringing you the most current information related to the CARES Act. We are here to guide you through the complex tax changes and help define what they mean to you and your business. At ATKG our primary mission is to build lasting relationships to provide insightful solutions.
- COVID-19 timeline and tax deadline extensions to-date
Payroll Tax Credits
- Navigating the interplay between payroll tax credits and PPP loans
You Received SBA Funds: Now what?
- Explore the current state of funding and what is or could be on the horizon
- Qualified Improvement Property (QIP) Correction – Understand how QIP is now eligible for bonus depreciation and what filing options are available
- Net Operating Losses (NOL) – Gain clarity on the significant changes made to the NOL carry back rules for both individuals and businesses
- 163(j) Business Interest Limitation – Review the temporary increase for deductible business interest expense
- Qualified Disaster Relief Payments: Learn what types of non-taxable financial assistance employers can provide to their employees
Meet Our Speakers
Samanta Guerra, CPA • Senior Manager
Samanta joined ATKG as a Tax Manager in January 2015. She was promoted to Senior Manger in January 2019. Samanta graduated Summa Cum Laude from The University of Texas at San Antonio in 2006 with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting. Since then, she has worked in a variety of industries including restaurants, real estate and construction, and international tax. Her extensive experience also includes nine years in the banking industry in Mexico. Bolstering her professional background, she became a distinguished graduate of the Texas CPA Society of San Antonio CPA Leadership Advantage program in 2012.
Esteban Wu • Staff
Growing up with a family in the restaurant industry, Esteban began to realize he preferred the analytical side of business. In college, he worked alongside the company’s bookkeeper, learning how to manage finances for his parents’ Chinese restaurant. Esteban received his undergrad degree from The University of Texas at San Antonio, graduating Cum Laude. He’s on track to sit for the CPA exam in 2020. Born in Peru, Esteban came to the U.S. when he was 11 years old.
Jackeline Amador • Staff
Jackeline, better known as Jackie, started her career with ATKG as an intern in 2019. We were so impressed by her; we immediately made her an offer to join our Rock Star team. Jackie graduated Cum Laude in 2018 from St. Mary’s University where she made the Dean’s List during her undergraduate studies. She received a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting. Jackie was born and raised in Honduras and enjoys sharing her culture with others.
ATKG Coronavirus Newsroom
For the latest news on the financial impact of COVID-19 on our nation, businesses and families visit our Coronavirus Newsroom.
ATKG’s experts are here to assist you. For more information on this topic or others contact us today.