Recorded: April 30, 2020
ATKG’s tax experts discuss the fast paced, ever changing financial impact facing our nation. ATKG remains committed to bringing you the most current information related to the CARES Act. We are here to guide you through the complex tax changes and help define what they mean to you and your business. At ATKG our primary mission is to build lasting relationships to provide insightful solutions.
- COVID-19 timeline and tax deadline extensions to-date
Payroll Tax Credits
- Navigating the interplay between payroll tax credits and PPP loans
You Received SBA Funds: Now what?
- Explore the current state of funding and what is or could be on the horizon
- Qualified Improvement Property (QIP) Correction – Understand how QIP is now eligible for bonus depreciation and what filing options are available
- Net Operating Losses (NOL) – Gain clarity on the significant changes made to the NOL carry back rules for both individuals and businesses
- 163(j) Business Interest Limitation – Review the temporary increase for deductible business interest expense
- Qualified Disaster Relief Payments: Learn what types of non-taxable financial assistance employers can provide to their employees
Meet Our Speakers
Eric Abati, CPA • Partner
Eric has more than 20 years’ public accounting experience on the national, regional and local levels. His expertise includes real estate, construction, retail, restaurants, investment partnerships and non-profits. Eric is a proud graduate of Florida State University.
David Higginbotham, CPA • Senior Manager
David has 10 years’ public accounting expertise. His tax proficiency includes international tax and his industry knowledge includes Real Estate and Professional Services firms. David received his Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting from The University of Texas at San Antonio.
Allison Miller, CPA • Senior Manager
Allison’s public accounting experience spans more than 10 years and includes working for a Big Four prior to joining ATKG. She graduated Summa Cum Laude from Texas A&M University and holds both a bachelor and master degree in accounting. Her expertise includes retail, non-profit, and wealth management.
Diane White, CPA • Senior Manager
Diane has more than 15 years’ public accounting expertise. She has a deep knowledge of the construction, real estate, retail, and professional services industries. Diane graduated Magna Cum Laude from The University of Texas at San Antonio.
ATKG Coronavirus Newsroom
For the latest news on the financial impact of COVID-19 on our nation, businesses and families visit our Coronavirus Newsroom.
ATKG’s experts are here to assist you. For more information on this topic or others contact us today.